I try to take a bath once a week and always add all sorts of goodies to it to increase the beautifying or detoxing properties. Today I will share with you an apple cider vinegar bath that not only firms the skin, but relieves dryness, removes skin flaking and soothes itchiness and rashes.
Believe it or not, vinegar has amazing beauty uses. I use it on my face as a toner and I have used it on my toddlers bum when she had a little diaper rash. The darker the vinegar with all that yuk residue the better. That just means that there are higher amounts of phytonutrients in the vinegar compared to the clear transparent vinegars. You can make this aromatic bath concoction in no time, I keep it in a dark cool place and use it whenever I want a beautifying bath.
- 4 cups apple cider vinegar
- 4 cups green tea brewed from 4 tea bags
- 5 drops geranium essential oil
- 5 drops lavender essential oil
- 3 drops neroli essential oil
- 3 drops lemon verbena essential oil
- handful of fresh herbs like peppermint, rosemary, or lavender (this adds a beautiful touch to your bath)
- Steep 4 cups of green tea in hot water, cover and set to the side.
- Crush your herbs of choice.
- Pour 4 cups of vinegar into a glass bottle, add the crushed herbs, green tea and essential oils.
- Give your bottle a good shake, close tightly and store in a dark cool place.
- This mixture can sit in a dark cool place for up to 3 months but I promise you will use it up sooner than later
How to use in a Bath
I simply add 1-2 cups of this mixture to my bath water and enjoy the benefits.